Since the beginning of last year, COVID-19 has had the entire country following various different restrictions and has contributed to our entire future being altered in ways nobody could have ever anticipated. From May 17th, there will be some changes to these restrictions which heavily include the events industry. For anyone within the events industry, or are looking to plan an event and still have some questions, here is what you need to know.
Restriction changes as of May 17th:
Here is an outline on what changes are being made from Monday:
- Outdoor events allowed up to the lower of 4,000 attendees or 50 per cent capacity.
- Pubs, bars and restaurants can open indoors.
- Social distancing and close physical contact with friends and family a matter of personal judgment.
- Up to 30 people can attend weddings and other life events.
- Funerals will no longer be limited to 30 mourners. The capacity would be determined by how many people could be accommodated.
Full government guidlines and advice can be found here